Building a World Leading Digital Nation
The Scottish Government has defined an inspiring, ambitious goal for the country to become a world leading digital nation by 2020.
“A World-Class Digital Scotland requires a World-Class Digital Government.” – Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary Finance and the Constitution.
The purpose of DigitalGovernment.scot is a community knowledge base that supports achieving this goal, covering topics:
- Digital Economy – An overall vision for the nationwide digital transformation of Scotland.
- Agile Service Design – Transformation skills and practices fusing Digital Service Design with Agile software development.
- Cloud Adoption – A review of the Scottish Government’s Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy, and a vendor showcase of major providers like AWS and Microsoft.
- Digital Identity – Open standards and Identity as a Service platform design to enable integrated and seamless single My Account architecture.
- Procurement and Project Management – Audit Scotland recommendations for successful digital transformation, based on analysis of prior failed projects and a round up of procurement and project management due diligence.
- Open Government – Enabling develop innovations through open data and open source.